If you are wondering how you are going to pay for your CDL training, you’re not alone. Fortunately, there are many different programs that help cover the costs of your CDL training. Whether you qualify for veterans benefits or are eligible for grants and loans, we can help you find ways to pay for your training and get you on the road. Our admissions team and financial aid staff are here to help you navigate the financial aid process.

There are many different programs that help cover the costs of your CDL training. In today’s blog, we are looking at 3 options that you can use to help pay for truck driving school.

Pell Grants and Stafford Loans

Pell Grants are federally funded grants. This is money that is given with no expectation of repayment. These grants are awarded on an as-needed basis. Stafford Loans are government-backed loans. These loans are available to eligible students at lower interest rates. DDA staff can provide assistance with completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FASFA) form, and help determine if you’re qualified for either program.

Military VA Benefits

If you have served in any branch of the military, you could be eligible for VA education benefits. The application process can be completed online at the VA website or you can visit your local VA office for more information. There are many different programs available, including the Post 9/11 Bill, the Montgomery GI Bill®, and other veterans benefits. DDA staff will have additional information regarding eligibility requirements, the duration of benefits, and how you can apply them to your CDL training.

Loan Options

You may have the option to use a private loan for your CDL training and education. Our financial assistance office can assist with recommendations of how to secure private financing. Another option is company sponsored training. Certain companies offer this option for their new employees. The company you sign on to drive for will pay for your schooling, and then you’ll pay the carrier back on a weekly payroll deduction. If you need help navigating either process, we are here to help!

These are 3 great ways to help pay for your CDL training, but there are other scholarship and grant opportunities available as well! The financial assistance team at DDA is here to help you navigate the process of finding what works best for you.

For more information on how to get your CDL training tuition assistance, call us today!! 1-800-551-8900.


GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at http://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill