Diesel Driving Academy is a proud supporter of our men and women in uniform, and is honored to participate in programs designed to prepare them for careers in the civilian workforce. We are proud to announce that DDA was recently named by G.I. Jobs magazine as a Military Friendly School® for 2013!
Most carriers know that employees with prior military experience have the discipline, attention to detail and organizational skills needed to be a successful truck driver. These characteristics, coupled with the extensive, hands-on training you get at DDA will make you a very desirable asset to both local and national trucking companies.
In addition to the opportunities in the high demand, good paying truck driving industry you’ll have as a former service member with professional truck driver training, there are also a number of tuition assistance programs available to help cover the cost of CDL training. Some of the active duty and veterans programs that Diesel Driving Academy participates in are:
- Chapter 33 – Post 9/11 GI Bill®
- Chapter 30 – Montgomery GI Bill® (MGIB)
- Chapter 31 – Special Vocational Training (SVT)
- Chapter 35 – Survivors and Dependants Educational Assistance Program (DEA)
- Chapter 1606 – Selected Reserve (MGIB-SR)
- Chapter 1607 – Reserve Educational Assistance Program (REAP)
- DoD Tuition Assistance (TA) Program
- Military Spouse Career Advancement Accounts (MyCAA)
We would be honored to talk to you about how we can help you achieve your career goals as you transition into civilian life. Please call and speak to one of our Veterans Career Counselors today to find out how we can get you on the road to success!
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at http://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill