According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Association (FMCSA), “Driving a Commercial Motor Vehicle (CMV) requires a higher level of knowledge, experience, skills, and physical abilities than that required to drive a non-commercial vehicle.” A driver has to pass both skills and knowledge testing in order to obtain a CDL license. There are many benefits to attending a truck driving school (academy) to learn to drive a CMV.
A driving school can prepare you for all aspects of CDL license testing, including:
- vehicle inspection
- basic controls exam
- road test
A fully licensed driver may be required to obtain additional training permits, known as endorsements, to haul specific materials. Academy training specialists at a truck driving school, can teach you about the complex rules and current regulations of the CMV industry.
A truck driving school has the resources and knowledge to help you get what you need to obtain and to keep your CDL; things such as:
- Medical requirements
- Legally required paperwork
- Electronic logging devices
So why choose Diesel Driving Academy (DDA)?
- DDA is a truck driving school that specializes in training drivers to obtain a Class A CDL license.
- DDA is accessible with multiple locations in both Louisiana and Arkansas.
- At Diesel Driving Academy, specialized staff can offer assistance entering the workplace after you obtain your license.
- DDA provides veteran-specific and other financial aid assistance.
- Diesel Driving Academy is fully accredited by Commission of the Council on Occupational Education (COE), and licensed by the State of Louisiana Board of Regents.
Let DDA help you earn the skills and gain the knowledge to achieve, use, and retain your Class A CDL! Diesel Driving Academy offers truck driver training in Louisiana and Arkansas. Check now to see if you possess the requirements needed to apply. Our admissions team can answer any questions you may have during your journey to a new career!