We would like to congratulate Diesel Driving Academy’s very own Kenneth Strother for being one of the Top 10 finalists for Trucking’s “Top Rookie of the Year” for 2016! Kenneth graduated from DDA, and started driving for Stevens Transport.
“After an expert panel of judges sifted through countless submissions for the Trucking’s “Top Rookie of the Year” award, 10 finalists have been named. Named in honor of the late CVTA Executive Director Mike O’Connell, this award recognizes the best truck driver who has been on the job for less than a year.”
The winner will be announced at the Great American Trucking Show in Dallas on Friday, August 26, 2016.
The 10 finalists are:
- Mario Cardenas of TMC Transportation (Roadmaster Drivers School)
- Brian College of Carbon Express, Inc. (Commercial Drivers School)
- Chris Crowell of Werner Enterprises, Inc. (CDS Tractor Trailer Training)
- Brandon Douglas of Melton Truck Lines, Inc. (American Truck Training)
- Shawna Froehlich of Dartco, Inc. (Heavy Metal Truck Training)
- Dave Honbarger of Maverick Transportation, Inc. (TransTech)
- Willis Robinson of Cargo Transporters, Inc. (Future Truckers of America)
- Kenneth Strother of Stevens Transport (Diesel Driving Academy)
- Marc Walther of Wil-Trans (Northeast Technical Institute)
- Kenneth Youmans of Dutch Maid Logistics (Professional Drivers Academy)