Updated Sep. 8, 2022
It seems like every year we celebrate more and more holidays. Some are a little silly, like National Chocolate Milkshake Day on September 12th. Others, such as National Truck Driver Appreciation Week, highlight often overlooked and under-appreciated members of the workforce. This week choose to celebrate the men and women who help keep America running, our truck drivers.
Brief History of NTDAW
Since 1998, National Truck Driver Appreciation Week celebrations have put the spotlight on some of the hardest workers our country has to offer. The American Trucking Association (ATA) started National Truck Driver Appreciation Week because truck drivers were often overlooked as vital members of the workforce.
Without truck drivers, most stores and warehouses would be empty. Retail as we know it would not exist.
Through long hours and countless miles, these drivers keep the economy moving forward. The week-long celebration often stretches into several weeks or even a month for many of the companies that regularly interact with truck drivers.
Perks For Drivers
This year is no exception. Several national chain truck stops, including Love’s Travel Stops and Pilot Flying J, are extending their driver appreciation celebrations through all of September.
Loves Travel Shops will have many perks for drivers, including:
- Fresh food and drink deals September 12 — 16.
- Free hot sandwich or fresh salad with an oil change Sept. 12 — 16.
- Discounts on Amarillo Supply Co. products throughout September and October.
- Free Amarillo Supply Co. hat with the purchase of a 3-pack of gloves for $9.99, or any of the six Amarillo Supply Co. safety items promoted at 15% off, throughout the month and through October
Pilot Flying J will offer the following deals for drivers:
- Up to three free drink choices in the myRewards PlusTM app each week (September 1 through October 31, 2022) including Pilot fountain drinks and coffee, sodas, energy drinks and waters.
- Earn up to 500 bonus points in September with new activated in-app challenges
- Discounts on various deli food items all September using the myRewards PlusTM app, including a 50% discount during National Truck Driver Appreciation Week (Sept. 11 – 17, 2022).
- In October, earn even more points (up to 5 points per gallon) when fueling after activating PushForPoints™ in the myRewards PlusTM app.
- Free Safe and Road Ready Checks in September by Southern Tire Mart at Pilot Flying J. With every check completed, drivers will be entered into a raffle for a chance to win one of three sets of Bridgestone premium steer tires.
Additionally, many companies in the trucking industry across the nation are hosting events to benefit truck drivers.
How To Thank A Truck Driver
National Truck Driver Appreciation Week is from September 11th to September 17th. Make sure to take the time this week to thank truck drivers for their hard work and dedication. Some simple ways you can do this is by paying for a driver’s meal, making goody bags with essential items, or posting messages on social media.
Become a Truck Driver with Diesel Driving Academy
Interested in joining the hardest working sector of American industry? Diesel Driving Academy is ready to help! DDA offers Class A CDL Training in Louisiana and Arkansas. Campuses are located in Shreveport, Baton Rouge and Little Rock. To learn more, head over to our Admissions page!