Thinking about a job change and looking into truck driving as your new career path? Worried about how to fit training in with your current schedule? Can’t afford to quit your current job while working towards your new one? Diesel Driving Academy is here to help, no matter your situation!
With four convenient training locations in Louisiana and Arkansas, there will be a campus that is conveniently located for you! And each one offers full CDL programs – from your classroom coursework to hands-on-training behind-the-wheel. Today, we’ll take a look at what those programs offer, so you can find the one that is perfect for your CDL training needs.
Advanced CDL Training
- If you are brand-new to truck driving and have never held a Class A CDL than this might be a great fit is for you! No experience is needed to enroll in this program. We’ll teach you all you need to know.
- You can choose if you would like the daytime program covering 20 weeks or the evening program covering 30 weeks. Whichever method works best for your schedule and needs! Both programs total 600 clock hours.
- Since flexibility is crucial to you, you might potentially be concerned about finances as well. You can apply for tuition assistance, to see if you qualify for a sponsorship program.
- This course will prepare students for a range of career entry-level opportunities, such as a truck driver, line haul driver, or over the road driver.
Basic CDL Training
- This basic CDL training course will teach students the skills of being an entry-level truck driver. No experience is required to enroll.
- To adapt to schedules, you can choose the daytime program lasting four weeks, for a total of 160 hours.
- The other option is an evening course that lasts eight weeks (offered at select campus locations only) while still maintaining the 160 hours of the daytime class. This will allow students to pick an accelerated or part-time course, to better fit their needs.
- Job placement is available with this program. We’ll assist you with finding the right carrier company for you!
CDL Prep Course
- This class will help prepare students to take their CDL test to become an entry-level truck driver. No experience is needed to enroll.
- This course lasts 3 weeks, for a total of 136 hours.
- Whether you want to brush up on your skills or have no previous driving experience, this course is tailored to quickly help students understand the basics that the Department of Motor Vehicles will test you on and industry standards for truck driving.